AWS TechOps Engineer - Boston MA - Remote
Talent point has partnered with Opensignal, are and independent, gold standard of insights & analytics for the telecoms industry. Recognised globally, they help operators understand how their customers experience their network service. Previously three separate companies Tutela, Comlinkdata and Opensignal, the industry’s three most disruptive start-ups, they now look to the future under the name Opensignal. Combined, our unique offerings help consumers make better decisions and boost competition to propel a connected world.
Opensignal work with industry regulators, operators, and analysts to drive better quality digital services. Think mobile, broadband, 5G, gaming and all things related. They have access to an unrivalled amount of data that drives excellence in their consultancy & insights and is the breeding ground of innovation for their people.
Opensignal are looking for an intermediate TechOps/DevOps/Cloud Engineer to join their team. The position requires support of a large multi-tenant AWS environment that hosts their big data pipelines, web platform, and data science environments.
- Work within a team to manage multi-account AWS infrastructure with a large number of services in use.
- Collaborate and help lead continuous improvement of our security, cost and redundancy posture.
- Help in continuing design and implementation of rationalization of access groups across many different systems.
- Respond to requests for access to numerous service end-points.
- Maintain ‘infrastructure as code’ using Terraform.
- Use tools such as Docker, ansible and others for ongoing developer and tool support.
- Support and help to optimize our CI/CD environment.
- Perform proof-of-concept projects with new tools and technologies.
- University Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering or similar
- 3+ years of work experience in the area of AWS DevOps Engineering or similar
- Experience with AWS IAM users, groups, roles and policies or equivalent
- Experience with AWS Networking elements - especially routes, security groups, VPN infrastructure
- Active posture towards security issues including access control, Personally Identifiable Information (PII) and Client Confidential Information (CI)
- 2+ years of in-depth Terraform experience
- 2+ years of Python tool development experience
- Fluent when working in Linux at the command-line
- Good communication and collaboration skills
- Competitive compensation packages and stock options
- Comprehensive group benefits package and company sponsored retirement savings plan (details depend on your country of work)
- Professional development opportunities: education reimbursement, facilitator-led training, workshops, knowledge bites (internal learning talks) and more!
- Generous holiday allowance, sick leave, parental leave, flexible working culture and the opportunity to work from abroad
- Charity matching, paid time off for community volunteering, mentorship, and DE&I program/committees
- Regular virtual and in-person events and socials
- We’ll support you to set up an effective home office environment
Opensignal are an equal opportunity employer dedicated to building an inclusive and diverse workforce. do not discriminate based on race, religion, disability, national origin, gender and gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital and civil partnership status, veteran status or pregnancy or maternity.