We are currently working with a green mission-led start-up with currently a team of 30 brilliant people.
Its mission is to change the way we all use technology as everyday thousands of forgotten tech devices waste potential, lose value and add pressure on the planet. The world currently generates 50 million tonnes of e-waste every year and that figure is set to double by 2050.
They want to allow everyone to give old tech a new life while saving the environment by reducing e-waste going into landfills and the CO2 emissions. You can now easily sell, recycle and trade in your old tech, through our self-service machines (Pods).
They have Series A private equity funding and contracts with national retailers, Morrisons & Co-Op.
They are really proud of the astonishing results we have achieved so far but this is just the beginning! With an exciting future ahead there wouldn’t be a better time to join them as they have great projects for the future and they are really determined to succeed! They want someone who shares their values, who breaths their culture, and who is willing to leave a mark on a more sustainable future.
Come and join their vibrant and passionate team who are looking to transform the world of consumer electronics: Let’s make the difference together!
About the role
Working across our marketing and product teams, you will have a crucial role in shaping the evolution of the visual identity and user experience. You'll have the opportunity to progress your design skills in a range of areas. Whilst homing in on skills that you're passionate about.
You will be involved with design tasks and projects from conception to completion and will work as part of a creative team that will support and encourage you.
Who you are
- You’re an enthusiastic designer who’s comfortable working across print and digital.
- You’re interested in learning about and working with UX and UI (if you’re not already competent in this field).
- You’re willing to learn and develop new skills.
- You’re proactive and ambitious.
- You have the confidence to initiate design ideas and ask the right questions when required.
- You’re aware of the latest design and social and cultural trends and are willing to share ideas and inspiration with the team.
- You have experience with interpreting briefs, technical requirements and business challenges.
- You’re comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with the ability to manage multiple projects/tasks whilst meeting deadlines and working well under pressure.
- You clearly communicate your ideas and present them with clarity and enthusiasm.
- You take pride in your work and have an excellent eye for detail.
- You’re happy to work independently and with the broader team, contributing to a positive and creative team environment.
Day to day you will:
- Develop compelling print and digital assets for general marketing and campaigns. Including flyers, packaging, billboards, digital ads online and OOH, social media posts, emails, landing pages etc...
- Collaborate with other creatives in the marketing team and freelancers when developing new concepts for social media content, campaigns and general marketing collateral.
- Support our senior product designers and head of design with UX research and UI designs.
- Work within our existing brand guidelines whilst having the opportunity to suggest impactful updates.