Are you a Data Scientist experienced in Python, SQL, data modelling and quantitative analytics? Do you have a passion for data analysis?
Who are Opensignal?
Opensignal are a IAAS (Information As A Service) business, selling their insights and analytics on the real-world mobile network experience to the global telecommunications industry. Opensignal, Tutela and Comlinkdata, the industry’s three most disruptive players in telecommunications performance measurement, are now part of the same company. They have come together to create data and analytics solutions that will enable communications providers to constantly optimize both their network and market performance, advancing connectivity for all.
Our solutions are already creating extraordinary outcomes for many top communications brands around the world, creating even more exciting opportunities as we bring them together in the future!
With offices in London, Boston and Victoria, British Columbia, we are truly international, with employees working across four continents and representing over 25 nationalities.
Opensignal’s business is built on data. As a member of the Data Science team, you will work in collaboration with our Engineering and Products teams to create, analyse, interpret, and report on our Metrics to quantify the quality of experience of mobile network users around the globe.
The Data Science team are architects of numerous data-gathering and interpretation initiatives. For example, we released a mobile games experience metric, and previous years voice and video experience metrics - all firsts in the industry - while we continue to design new tests that are key to analysing the experience of mobile customers using a 5G connection under different architectures and frequencies.
You will model scenarios for producing new metrics as driven by our Product team and business stakeholders. You will need to think carefully and laterally, examining possible solutions whilst questioning if there is a better way of doing things. It's a process of iteration to get to the solution, in partnership with the wider technology teams.
You will also get exposure to many other parts of the business, working closely with our Data Engineers, Android & iOS Engineers, QA Engineers and our Product Management functions. And as Opensignal data scientist you will also work and learn from other data science team members in Comlinkdata and Tutela.
Team culture and equality are paramount to us, you will be working within a team with equal opportunity for everyone. You will be working within an ambitious, focused, and friendly team backed by some of Europe’s top investors
The ideal candidate's favorite words are learning, data, scale, and agility. You will leverage your strong collaboration skills and ability to extract valuable insights from highly complex data sets to ask the right questions and find the right answers.
- Analyze raw data: assessing quality, cleansing, structuring for downstream processing
- Design accurate and scalable prediction algorithms
- Collaborate with engineering team to bring analytical prototypes to production
- Generate actionable insights for business improvements
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in quantative field (Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering, etc.)
- At least 1 - 2 years' of experience in quantitative analytics or data modeling
- Deep understanding of predictive modeling, machine-learning, clustering and classification techniques, and algorithms
- Fluency in a programming language (Python, C,C++, Java, SQL)
- Familiarity with Big Data frameworks and visualization tools (Cassandra, Hadoop, Spark, Tableau)
If you are keen APPLY NOW!