Are you an experienced Data Engineer? Reporting into the Data Engineering Technical lead you will be expected to have a good understanding of data technologies and strong software engineering skills, along with a deep interest in data analytics, machine learning and AI.
Talent Point have recently partnered up with giffgaff to support them on recruiting for a Senior DevOps Automation Engineer. To tell you a little bit more about giffgaff. They are the mobile network run by you. At the heart of it, they believe in something simple: ‘a better way to do mobile’. A belief that gets them up in the morning ready to challenge the old way of doing things. They’re not going to shout and stamp their feet because, with their current members, they don’t need to. They’re just getting on with it. Giffgaff is a little different to your 'normal' telecoms company. They're a mobile brand owned by Virgin Media O2 but run by their members (valued customers) and they've been awarded Uswitch Network of year for 6 years out of 7! Sound interesting so far? There's more.
They started wanting to change the mobile industry, and they did - offering value, flexibility and mutuality - but they aren't done yet. As they’ve grown over the years, they’ve grown their vision too.
- The role involves creating data solutions to process data at scale, both in batch and real-time pipelines, to support a wide range of data-driven projects and support the transformation into an AI-ready organisation.
- You will implement workflows to ingest data into a Snowflake data warehouse for a variety of data sources
- You will implement data transformation pipelines in real-time and batch environments
- You will support all product teams in adopting the data engineering tech stack to generate new data streams
- You will collaborate with Data Science and Business Intelligence teams to identify requirements and develop the necessary data workflows to deliver against those requirements
Everyone, regardless of their position and team, feels part of the journey. All members have a clear roadmap of targets, the vision of the business, and can influence the future of the business and the product.
The Data Engineer will have:
As the successful candidate you do not need a huge set of skills.
- Experience of using Java - this is the core programming language used at Giffgaff and at least 2 years of core Java experience is a requirement.
- Good knowledge of SQL – minimum of 3 years experience with SQL as a fundamental data querying tool.
- Previously worked using a Test-Driven Development method. This is something that would be a massive plus but can be taught.
- Exposure to Event Streaming – Giffgaff are now ingesting data into data warehouse from streams(Kinesis/Kafka), using Apache Flink for stream processing. This would be extremely beneficial
Talent Point is an equal opportunities employer and no terminology in this advert is designed to discriminate on grounds of gender, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, disability, age, sex or sexual orientation or any other class protected by applicable law. For information on how Talent Point manages and processes your personal information please see our privacy notice at talentpoint.co/privacy-policy
If you think this Data Engineer position is for you – APPLY NOW