IT Support Engineer, London
Do you want the opportunity to work with a company that is revolutionising an entire industry?
We are looking for an IT Support Engineer to handle the day-to-day management of our desktop devices, including any Hardware and Software issues that arise in office.
Founded in 2018, Flawless is on a mission to revolutionise the art of visual effects through artificial intelligence. Born out of a poor dubbing of one of our co-founders feature films; we are changing how audiences will experience any move in any language.
Our platform, TrueSync, is the first of its type of neural network. Through a combination of processes, we can take the actor's original performance, match it with any foreign language, and produce a real to life output, preserving the original performance.
We are just beginning our journey and already see amazing potential for our platform to unlock how films are experienced around the world, whilst also pushing what is possible with AI.
Due to the growth of our Engineering team, we are now looking for our first IT Support Engineer, to sit closely with our DevOps team and take ownership with the day-to-day support of all things IT in the office.
The IT Support Engineer will be responsible for tasks such as troubleshooting, VPN set up for our colleagues and working alongside our Lead DevOps Engineer to provide connectivity through our Hosted and Cloud environments. In addition to this, we have several licensed products that our VFX and Engineering team use, you will be responsible for the management of those licenses.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Junior Support Engineer or IT Support Engineer looking to take on more responsibility. Longer term, this position could transition into a System Administrator role or potentially DevOps Engineer.
You will currently be working as an IT Support Engineer or similar and will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Our teams in the UK and US use Google Workspace, experience with this is preferred. You will be thorough and disciplined in managing the workspace, ensuring users only have access to what they need.
- Our Engineering and Post-Production team use several Licensed Software Products that you will be responsible for managing. You will have prior experience in managing License arrangements and any issues the team may encounter with those.
- You will have experience dealing with standard day to day issues that our team may encounter in office such as WiFi, Printer, Antivirus Software, including any Hardware or Software issues that need troubleshooting.
- Our team are working from their own devices currently, meaning we have a mixture of both Mac and Windows. You will be able to demonstrate experience managing admins for both.
- You will have basic Linux experience, trouble shooting and setting up VPN accounts. This is used by users and their client, it’s also the most common server operating side for us.
- On certain Post-Production projects we may have a flexible workforce or temp teams to help with this. Part of this role will be to support the issues they may face with the Tooling, Software or Hardware.
This is an opportunity for someone to take the next step in their career development and take on some additional responsibility outside of end user computer administration. The role of the IT Support Engineer could transition into a Systems Admin role or potentially a Junior DevOps Engineer.
We have teams in the UK and US, however, there is no need for shift work or being on-call out of hours.
Finally, the successful candidate will be rewarded with a generous overall package, including share options and flexible working. At Flawless we want to ensure that everyone who contributes to our success also benefits from it.