Technical Program Manager
At Ometria we help e-commerce retailers to ingest, analyse and execute on their multiple streams of data. AI powered real time analytics enables deep insights, smart decisions and empowers our clients to communicate with their customers via multiple channels and provide relevant content. We are using modern, cloud based technologies to process millions of data points. A state of the art, Single Page Web Application allows our users to execute their communication strategies. We believe in modern software architecture and engineering principles, including DevOps and SRE practices, little ‘a’ agile (including Kanban and friends), delighting our users and investing in the growth of our team.
We have raised £25m from leading venture capital funds across the world such as Octopus Ventures and are trusted by the fastest-growing retail brands in the world.
We are looking for a Technical Program Manager to join our fast growing Engineering team and help us build and maintain persistent mechanisms and tools and to ensure high quality, fully transparent execution on behalf of our customers. Reporting to the CTO, the successful candidate will work closely with Product and Engineering teams and be able to deal with multiple projects across varied timeframes and deliverables.
- Agile & Lean Practices - You will have a deep understanding of the available frameworks and methodologies, current thinking and practices and most importantly when to use these. Guiding others towards a state of continuous improvement; iterating approaches over time.
- Delivery Facilitation - Planning and execution of our roadmaps is at the core of our responsibilities. You will own mechanism to ensure planning, reliable delivery and transparency throughout all phases. Understanding and managing cross team dependencies is a key element of successful delivery
- Track & Report Projects - Ongoing improvements by establishing transparency across our key responsibilities. Ensure insights into support processes, operational excellence and project execution. You will keep our teams honest, ensure persistence in improving the quality of our work and provide visibility to our stakeholders. You will help implement tool support (e.g. Jira) for our key processes and drive adoption. Working with our DevOps teams will not only help create transparency on our operational excellence but enable us to monitor our infrastructure cost and derive corrective actions when needed.
- Key Communicator - Be able to clearly communicate engineering progress and challenges with the CTO, CEO and other SMT members as required. Act as a go-to person for communicating with other teams within the organisation, collaboration on the product, support and other areas of the business.
- Improve Collaboration - Work with senior Engineering and Product members to understand pain points, blockers and their thoughts on these various themes.
- Experience level - 3 to 5 years, demonstrable experience of working in a software product / SaaS environment. You will have run/enabled Agile software teams and in particular, focused on the continuous improvement of teams positively impacting throughput, confidence and quality.
- People first - you have a high EQ and get the best out of people and teams by solving human challenges first.
- Attention to detail - you take a structured approach to running teams and processes such as hiring. You have strong time management and prioritisation skills.
- Creativity, enthusiasm, and knowledge - you share these qualities and are hungry to learn about what others are doing, as well as get immersed in what Ometria does and the market we’re in. You have a passion for the latest development and deployment technologies and will help us shape our infrastructure to maintain our competitive edge.
- Knowledge - you actively maintain current knowledge of best practices in technology and technology delivery. You can utilise this knowledge when enabling and guiding teams to perform at their best. We support this through time, conference budget and self development budget.
What are the benefits?
- 30 days holiday + day on birthday (plus bank holidays)
- Access to Spill (Mental health support)
- Sunlight platform of up to £100 per calendar year for individual learning and development
- Access to a Calm subscription for one year
- Cycle to work scheme
- Income Protection
- Death In Service
- Salary Sacrifice pension (employee pays 5%, Ometria matches 3%)
- £250 Work from Home Stipend