Agile Coach- Cazoo
Our mission is to transform the car buying experience across the UK and Europe by providing better selection, flexibility, transparency, convenience, and peace of mind. Our aim is to make getting your next car no different to ordering any other product online today, where consumers can simply and seamlessly purchase, finance, or subscribe to a car entirely online for delivery or collection in as little as 72 hours.
Cazoo was founded in 2018 by serial entrepreneur Alex Chesterman OBE, has a highly experienced management team and is backed by some of the leading global technology investors.
What you’ll be doing:
As Agile Coaches at Cazoo, our purpose is to catalyze positive change by fostering a culture of collaboration, creativity and continuous improvement, in service of achieving better outcomes, creating greater value and growing happiness.
In this role, you will spend the majority of your time empowering and supporting 3-4 cross functional Product Engineering teams, and the remainder working on a variety of cross team projects and initiatives.
You will work closely with all roles within the Product Engineering teams providing coaching, teaching and mentoring around Agile and Lean values, principles and practices.
You will leverage your Agile mindset, coaching and training expertise to help teams inspect, adapt and improve.
You will also work alongside a growing team of Agile Coaches, enabling continuous improvement beyond your teams, providing coaching and delivering workshops to a wider Cazoo audience.
- Experience working as an Agile Coach with high performing, cross-functional, self-organizing Agile teams.
- Extensive hands-on experience applying a variety of frameworks and methodologies such as Scrum, Kanban, DevOps and XP, and a track record of combining these approaches effectively.
- Deep understanding of Agile and Lean thinking, values and principles.
- Experience teaching a wide range of Agile practices such as user story mapping, event storming, example mapping, CI/CD and slicing.
- Experience coaching teams on “outcomes over output” and the adoption of continuous product discovery and delivery.
- Demonstrably strong coaching and facilitation skills.
- Experience successfully coaching both engineering teams and senior leaders.
- A progressive understanding of emerging Agile practices and concepts.
- A servant-leader who gets a kick out of helping others to succeed and grow.
- An insatiable appetite for continuous improvement and solving problems.
- Comfort in a rapidly evolving, ambiguous environment and the ability to know when to be pragmatic and when to stick to your guns!
What you’ll get from us
Joining a high growth business that is always adapting and innovating is a fantastic opportunity, giving you the chance to work with the latest ways of working. There is plenty of room for organic progression. Personal development is heavily encouraged within the business.
Support from a team of Agile Coaches, offering industry expert knowledge. We are building a unique Prod-Eng culture so our staff can be the best that they can be, while getting great support from a wide range of resources. Our teams are self-organising, ensuring that they have the freedom to decide the most efficient way to work together and get the job done.
Diversity & Inclusion are very important to us. We are passionate about building a culture where everyone feels welcomed, supported and mostly importantly, equal. We have several Employee Resource Groups which you can join to feel supported, but also to help in supporting others. We encourage all our employees to speak up and get involved in initiatives that will help our ongoing D&I strategies.
Finally, we have a great benefits package which includes a company performance bonus, 5% matched pension, life assurance, private healthcare, critical illness cover, 25 days’ holiday, six months full-pay maternity leave and four weeks full-pay paternity leave. We have a culture of empowerment and autonomy and as part of this we are open to flexible working agreements, to ensure you’ve got the time for your other commitments in life.
We understand that your time is in demand and as such keep our interview process as quick and painless as possible, outlining all timeframes in advance for you to plan around.
Following an initial screening with our Talent Acquisition team, the interview will be conducted over 3 stages, each being a remote video call using Google Meet:
- Coach Screening Call (30min)
- Mock Coaching Session / Deep Dive (90min total)
- Values & Drivers (60min)
You will be meeting with at least 2 people at each stage. This way you get to meet a variety of potential peers from the Product & Engineering team.
We will give you a decision and hopefully an offer within 24 hours.
We are committed to ensuring accessibility in our interviews. From a physical disability standpoint, we have ensured our office is accessible but please do let us know if you have any issues or requests.
Similarly, we want to ensure neurodiverse candidates feel confident and comfortable with our interview process but appreciate there is not a ‘one size fits all’ approach to this. As such, please do let us know if you need any changes made to the interview process to accommodate yourself well.
All interviewers have had formal interview training, as well as training around unconscious bias.