Grabyo are hiring a Backend Engineer in our growing our Engineering team!
Having seen incredible success over the last few years, we’re growing our tech-loving Engineering team across a number of roles, including a Backend Engineer.
We’re a cloud-based video provider, deploying cutting-edge products in OTT and across digital platforms. Our products, such as browser-based video editing tools and production tools, are able to integrate across major social media platforms and publishers/agencies like ITV, BT Sport, Sky Sports, The FA, Wimbledon etc.
The Backend Engineer will work on various projects across the wider engineering team: not just having exposure to building the backend APIs and services that sit at the core of the Grabyo Platform, but by having an impact on the core of services, and being part of the team architecting our platform to improve our path to microservices and serverless architecture.
What we need from you
- Being proficient in scripting a programming language (Java/Python/Golang etc)
- Knowledge of microservices and understanding the architecture supporting them
- Have an understanding of testing: understanding different challenges around testing and being able to create a new service from scratch
- Experience with ideally AWS or a cloud-provider
- Understanding of CI/CD pipelines and processes
- Passion for technology, emerging tech and a keenness to self-develop yourself in this industry
What we can offer you
- We’re a very-tech focused company, not only in building our cutting-edge products, but also in our approach to work. We have a training budget annually per employee, have Hackathons, weekly “tech hour”’s and a fully stocked library to support self-development.
- We are curious and collaborative by nature: working in an Agile environment, we want to hear the opinions of how we take our products to the next level from all of our team members.
- You’ll be straight on to projects from day one, and supported by the team as you get used to the tech, the team, the products; scaling up responsibilities as you get used to our way of working.
- We’re a sociable bunch: enjoying away days, social events over the year, and access to PlayStation and boardgames over the lunch breaks!
- For a full list of benefits, please reach out.
If you’re keen to hear more, please do apply to organise a call with myself to see if this is a match for your next steps, answer any questions and speak through more details with you.