Full Stack Data Engineer – Remote UK
Talent Point has partnered with Opensignal, an independent, gold standard of insights & analytics for the telecoms industry. Recognised globally, they help operators understand how their customers experience their network service. Previously three separate companies Tutela, Comlinkdata and Opensignal, the industry’s three most disruptive start-ups, they now look to the future under the name Opensignal. Combined, their unique offerings help consumers make better decisions and boost competition to propel a connected world. How do they do this?
They work with industry regulators, operators, and analysts to drive better quality digital services. Think mobile, broadband, 5G, gaming and all things related. They have access to an unrivaled amount of data that drives excellence in our consultancy & insights and is the breeding ground of innovation for our people.
With the expansion of their reporting and metrics capabilities they are looking for a Full Stack Developer to join their Network Solutions team. As a Full Stack Developer, you will be at the forefront of innovation, adding value to our dashboards and helping their clients make informed decisions about improving their mobile networks, leading to better business decisions!
You will be joining a collaborative, cross-functional environment, consisting of Engineers, Data Scientists and Product Managers. You will report into the Engineering Manager, whilst also getting great exposure to other parts of the business.
Upon joining Opensignal, you will familiarise yourself with their current product suite and roadmap. Once acclimatised, you will then begin adding new features and improving their API endpoints, and using them in their frontend Vue.JS application.
You will be expected to work autonomously and uphold technical standards, whilst creating new ways of working and champion business best practices. You should be confident and comfortable managing the release processes, recognising inefficiencies and implementing improvements.
Team culture and equality are paramount to them - you will be working within an ambitious, focused, and friendly team with equal opportunity for everyone!
What we’ll need from you
- You have experience building REST APIs endpoints using Django and DRF (Django Rest Framework)
- Capable of owning the technical elements of developing those API endpoints.
- Experience using tools to diagnose and improve performance issues and taking charge of low-level deep dives when debugging complex issues.
Opensignal believe they are stronger when they not only celebrate our many differences, values, and voices but include them in everyday practice. Having a diverse and inclusive culture is essential, which is why they offer a flexible approach to work-life balance, operating in a remote-hybrid way. They'll help you get set up with the essentials you need to work from home or the office. They also offer an attractive range of additional benefits, including:
- Competitive compensation packages and global company ownership benefits.
- Comprehensive group benefits package and company sponsored retirement savings plan (details depend on your country of work).
- Professional development opportunities: education reimbursement, facilitator-led training, workshops, knowledge bites (internal learning talks) and more!
- Generous holiday allowance, sick leave, parental leave, flexible working culture and the opportunity to work from abroad.
- Charity matching, paid time off for community volunteering, mentorship, and DE&I program/committees.
- We'll support you to set up an effective home office environment.
Opensignal are an equal opportunity employer dedicated to building an inclusive and diverse workforce. do not discriminate based on race, religion, disability, national origin, gender and gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital and civil partnership status, veteran status or pregnancy or maternity.