Mobile Phone and IT Technician
Do you want to create tech for good? Is sustainability and a cleaner future important to you?
Talent Point are currently partnered with Spring, a green mission-led start-up with a vibrant team of 40+ people based in Shoreditch, London.
Their mission is to change the way we all use technology, as everyday thousands of forgotten tech devices waste potential, lose value and add pressure on the planet. The world currently generates 50 million tonnes of e-waste every year and that figure is set to double by 2050.
They want to encourage everyone to give old tech a new life while saving the environment by reducing e-waste going into landfills and the CO2 emissions. You can now easily sell, recycle, and trade in your old tech, through their self-service machines (Pods).
They’ve generated some astonishing results so far, but this is just the beginning! With an exciting future ahead there wouldn’t be a better time to join this new business, with several great projects due to kick off later this year and are expanding their team to help guide those projects, from iteration through to delivery. This brand wants to hire someone who shares their values, who breaths their culture, and who is hungry to leave a mark on a more sustainable future.
Come and join a vibrant and passionate team who are looking to transform the world of consumer electronics: Let’s make a difference together!
Find out more about us at spring.co.uk
At Spring they recycle and refurbish used technology. They are seeking an experienced phone repair technician to join our team in our warehouse in Newport.
You will need experience repairing phones such as Android, iPhones,& more.
Your day-to-day responsibilities will include the following:
- Use test equipment to diagnose faults.
- Use diagnosis software to identify errors.
- Diagnose and repair products in the most effective and efficient manner.
- Setup and configure mobile phone and tablet devices.
- Identify functions of a circuit using a circuit diagram.
- Provide a good technical explanation of a fault.
- Effectively repair existing and new equipment of any given product, in autonomy.
- Experienced in testing and repairing phones and other IT devices (laptops, headphones, iPad etc).
- Good understanding of Android, iOS, MacOS and Windows operating systems.
- A natural problem solving, analytical mind that enables you to take a methodical approach that delivers solutions.
- You are a good team player and willing to get stuck into an abundance of work.
- Join a brand who are actively trying to change the world for the better, by creating a sustainable way to use technology
- Unlimited holidays
- Opportunity to be a part of a scaling business from the ground up, and progress
- Matched pension scheme
We are geared up for an exciting and busy year ahead, which brings about this great opportunity. Please get in touch at email@example.com for more info and to discuss this role.