Opensignal are seeking a quantitative, critical thinker with an insatiable curiosity to join the Data Operations team as a Data Analyst. The Data Operations team is a critical component of Comlinkdata. They ensure our data is validated, the platform is working correctly and they explore opportunities to leverage new data sets to improve and create new products.
The Data Analyst will support the Data Operations team by gathering data, analyzing ad hoc reports, providing quality assurance and working jointly with the Client Services team to investigate data abnormalities. This candidate should be interested in working with large data sets in an “R&D skunkworks,” product development environment.
Including, but not limited to:
- Analyze and interpret data using statistical and business models
- Identify correlations and trends in data, in addition to internal and external factors that could affect the results of our information
- Provide input on how to integrate additional data sets from independent sources we can use to leverage our existing data
- Collaborate with colleagues on ad hoc projects within the data science teams (Data ops and R&D)
- Validate data daily using both quantitative and qualitative approaches
- Create automated metric tests on data quality using Python and SQL
- Proactively finding, mitigating and resolving data issues across inbound data sources and created outputs
- 2– 4 years of work experience (or comparable educational experience) in quantitative analysis
- Proficient in Excel and SQL
- Proficient in Python
- Experience using AWS (s3 and Athena)
- Experience with business and statistical modeling
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Creative and independent thinker with a desire to learn new technical skills
- Success at working on cross-functional teams to meet a common goal
- Self-starter with a high sense of urgency
- Ability to prioritize in a multitask environment
- Strong attention to detail
- Knowledge of Tableau: Desktop, Server, and Prep Builder
- Knowledge of R
Please submit a resume and cover letter.
At this time, Comlinkdata will not sponsor a new applicant for employment sponsorship for this position.
Together, three leaders in the telecom industry; Comlinkdata, Tutela and Opensignal, have recently come together to accelerate their mission of advancing connectivity for all. As a trifecta, we’ve created data and analytics solutions that deliver new levels of understanding about customers’ true network experience and what is really happening in the market so communications providers and other industry stakeholders can constantly optimize their actions.
Our solutions already create extraordinary outcomes for many top communications brands around the world and will create even more exciting opportunities as we bring them together in the future, uniquely enabling operators to link their network experience and market performance in a way that has never before been possible.
With offices in London, Boston and Victoria, British Columbia, we are truly international, with employees working across four continents and representing over 25 nationalities. We are an equal opportunity employer dedicated to building an inclusive and diverse workforce. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, disability, national origin, gender and gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital and civil partnership status, veteran status or pregnancy or maternity.
We believe we are stronger when we not only celebrate our many differences, values, and voices but include them in everyday practice. Having a diverse and inclusive culture is essential, which is why we offer a flexible approach to work-life balance, operating in a remote-hybrid way. We’ll help you get set up with the essentials you need to work from home or the office. We also offer an attractive range of additional benefits, including:
- Competitive compensation packages and global company ownership benefits
- Comprehensive group benefits package and company sponsored retirement savings plan (details depend on your country of work)
- Professional development opportunities: education reimbursement, facilitator-led training, workshops, knowledge bites (internal learning talks) and more!
- Generous holiday allowance, sick leave, parental leave, flexible working culture and the opportunity to work from abroad
- Charity matching, paid time off for community volunteering, mentorship, and DE&I program/committees
- Regular virtual and in-person events and socials
- We’ll support you to set up an effective home office environment
We would like to thank all applicants for your interest; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.