Software Engineer - Campaign Brief
Founded in 2018 by Scott Mann and Nick Lynes, Flawless is revolutionising how film and TV can be
experienced by a global audience. Using ground-breaking AI, we can visually translate a film or TV show
into any language, whilst preserving the original performance of the actors.
Our recent launch generated a huge amount of interest and publicity across the UK and US, and we’re
currently in conversations with a number of global streaming services and movie studios. Our current
focus is on building and enhancing our overall translation solution but we’ve future plans to develop
other AI solutions for VFX.
Technological innovation is at the heart of everything we do. We’re rapidly expanding our Science and
Engineering teams, and work with some of the top researchers in the world, through our collaboration
with the Max Planck Institute for Informatics.
We’re bringing disruptive solutions to one of the most exciting and inspiring industries in the world.
We’ve just opened our first office in Soho and are searching for talent that will help shape our
technology well into the future.
THE ART IS IN THE SCIENCE
Following our recent launch we are now expanding our engineering team in London. As part of this
team, we are looking to hire Software Engineers to drive further development of our TrueSync platform
and be instrumental in taking our product to market.
Being one of the early hires joining the Flawless engineering team, you will play an integral part in the
productisation of our TrueSync platform.
We work as a flat hierarchy so you will have the freedom to own, contribute and develop the core
services Flawless will have to offer.
● Designing and developing our software which will allow us to take our product to market
● Be involved throughout the full development life cycle, from idea generation, design, and
prototyping to execution
● Provide technical leadership: refining the system architecture, helping to define product
features, and using best practices to enable the best quality end product.
● Collaborate closely with technical and non-technical counterparts to understand our customers'
problems and build products that solve them
What we need from you
● Proficiency in either Python or any other OpenSource software. You will be able to talk through
the tools and frameworks you have used.
● Experience taking a leading role in building complex software systems that have been
● Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software
development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management,
build processes, testing, and operations.
● Familiar with technologies design patterns, data structures and designing of algorithms
● Ability to work across the organisation and communicate with technical and non-technical
stakeholders to collect requirements, disambiguate, and define technical strategy.
What you’ll get from us
Flawless is on a mission to revolutionise the VFX and motion picture industry. This Software Engineer
role is an opportunity to join at an early stage and use your skills and experience to contribute to the
core service that Flawless will be offering. You’ll be working alongside our team of world-leading visual
scientists AI Engineering team who are using AI to continue to push the boundaries of what is possible.
You will have the opportunity to contribute to the design and development of systems that will be used
on a large scale by some of the world’s leading post production, VFX, motion picture and streaming
As we grow our engineering function there will be the potential opportunity to progress your career into
leadership and management.
The successful candidate will be rewarded with a generous overall package, including share options. At
Flawless we want to ensure that everyone who contributes to our success also benefits from it.
We aim to have an efficient process and commit to giving you timely feedback. The process may vary
slightly but is likely to follow a simple two-stage process:
● Initial informal discussion with our Talent Partner John Norris (Google Meet)
● Interview with Stuart (our CTO) and Praveen (our Lead Software Engineer). A face to face if
practical, in our Regent Street office
Following this, we will provide you with feedback and/or an offer. At all stages, you will be given plenty
of opportunity to ask questions.
Submission of three applicants:
Target start date: