Job Title: Head of Sales, EMEA
Hiring Manager: Tim Chapman
Company description (for all roles)
At Elliptic, we believe cryptocurrency will play a huge role in the future of value transfer,
and we care deeply about helping to build this future. In order for cryptocurrency to
flourish, it’s important to prevent criminal abuse of the technology. Elliptic is the global
leader in detecting, preventing, and pursuing criminal activity in cryptocurrencies. Our
clients include the world’s leading cryptocurrency exchanges, financial institutions and
Our unique platform gives us an unparalleled understanding of cryptocurrency capital
flows, using a combination of network science and machine learning to aggregate and
interpret vast quantities of transaction data. We provide anti-money laundering (AML)
compliance software and investigative services to the leading participants in the
cryptocurrency ecosystem. Customers rely on us to analyse more than $150bn of their
transactions every month, and include cryptocurrency businesses, major financial
institutions, and federal government agencies.
The company has offices in London, UK, Washington, D.C and New York City. We are
backed by Octopus Ventures, SignalFire, Paladin Capital, Santander InnoVentures, and
Digital Currency Group.
What’s the role?
We are looking for an experienced Head of Sales to join our Commercial team to lead a
high performing team of 5-7 new business sales people focused on our core segments
in EMEA; Financial Institutions, Enterprise, Mid Market and Government.
As the Head of Sales you will be responsible for hitting growth targets and have overall
responsibility for revenue in the EMEA region, reporting to the Global VP of Sales. You
will inspire and mentor the group; assisting on deal and pipeline management, set
regular goals and also ensure the business continues operating with a positive,
collaborative, and competitive working culture.
Work closely with the VP of Sales and other senior leaders, providing regular forecast
updates as well as having a large say in the business’ strategic goals, product
development, and growth ambitions.
You will also help prospective customers navigate cryptocurrency compliance and
regulatory environments, clearly communicate Elliptic’s AML/KYC and Forensics
Platform features and benefits. You come from a technology background, selling SaaS
solutions to enterprise companies. You’ve led/coached high performing teams who
continually exceed team targets.
What will you do?
As a Head of EMEA Sales, you will:
● Drive vision, strategy and results through personal sales activity
● Build out strategic territory plan, prospect, and manage full sales cycle
● Convert sales funnel into commercial success
● Deliver weekly, monthly and quarterly reports to the wider company and board
● Be responsible for driving greater results from a growing sales function
● Recruit, train and manage a sales team
● Collaborate with Product and Marketing Teams to support roadmap activity
● Facilitate and drive performance management processes
● Develop and grow the teams, champion a culture based on success.
● Maintain professional and technical knowledge through attending events,
reviewing publications and participating in professional societies.
● Ensure that both individual and team targets are achieved
● Forecast individual and regional targets accurately
● 10+ years full sales cycle experience selling Enterprise SaaS solution
● Demonstrated track record of success and quota over achievement - top 10%
performer at your last company
● A strong work ethic and an entrepreneur’s mindset. You’re comfortable creating
value in a low structure environment while being agile and resilient
● 5+ years managing sales teams executing business with $150-250K ACV’s
● Deep understanding of B2B sales, ideally selling a technology solution.
● Demonstrable experience in ‘coaching’ and developing sales people to succeed
Bonus Points for:
● Intimate understanding of AML/KYC and Forensics space, either in
cryptocurrency or traditional financial environments
● Borderline obsession with emerging technology
Benefits (all roles)
● Competitive salary
● 25 days holiday, health insurance, pension plan and EMI options
● Career development plan & personal training budget
● Fortnightly team lunches, snacks and drinks in the office, and quarterly team
● Collaborative, flexible and friendly environment with options for remote working
● Being part of a business with a purpose, and the opportunity to work with a
passionate team of mission-driven people who’ll stretch and challenge you
Elliptic is not a traditional financial services firm. We pride ourselves on having a
laid-back and friendly ethos, while still expecting great things from our team.
Fascinating work is the norm - working at Elliptic is never boring!
No recruitment agencies!