Ometria – Platform Engineer
We have an interesting new opportunity for a Platform Engineer to join our team! As we are experiencing rapid growth, the role has been created to help build, scale and maintain the underlying infrastructure of our platform.
Who are we?
Ometria's purpose is to help retailers create marketing experiences their customers will love.
We use data to truly understand each customer, and make sure that their experiences are ones they truly find valuable. We do this right now for over 200 of the fastest growing retail brands, from Made.com to Hotel Chocolat, and for 200 million individual people across the world. We have offices based in London, New York and Southampton, and have raised over £25m from leading VCs like Octopus and Summit.
What sets us apart?
We don’t stop at ‘valuable consumer experiences’: we take it up a notch. Using artificial intelligence and machine learning – focussed through a truly tailored customer experience – our product ensures that our retail clients are reaching the right customers; at the right time, in the right way and with the right message. This enables seamless customer delight, giving our clients the tools to pivot and react toward what’s working without having to lift a finger.
What you’ll be doing:
- Building and operating Kubernetes across 3 environments
- Working with developers to improve the operability, availability and observability of our systems
- Building and improving Continuous Delivery pipelines
- Defining and evangelizing SRE and DevSecOps best practices within product teams
- Championing application and infrastructure security as well as cost management
- Helping us to scale our system and services to handle client accounts of 30million+ contacts
The position will be based in our Platform, Privacy and Security (PPS) team and will be key in helping to scale our infrastructure, build out the underlying platform, evolve our systems and build new ones
Our clients interact with the Ometria platform through a single page web app, which uses both React and Ampersand.
The app communicates with the backend platform through various APIs written in Python 3. Although Golang powers some of our massively concurrent workloads, most of the platform is written in Python.
We run on AWS/Docker/Kubernetes configured with Terraform. Postgres, Redshift and S3 build our multi TB data backbone, while individual services are connected via asynchronous messaging protocols mainly using Kafka & SQS. With the growing need of our customers we are looking at other big data technologies like EMR, Glue and Spark.
You should apply if you:
- Like the sound of how we like to work, the technologies we use and our product
- Enjoy learning new things, and solving real world problems
- Care about infrastructure as code and reproducibility
- Understand the importance and value of DevOps and SRE principles
- Enjoy working in a platform team and in cross functional product teams
- Believe in Continuous Delivery
Not essential, but useful if you have:
- Experience in building and deploying infrastructure in high traffic environments
- Experience in operating highly available cloud infrastructure
- Experience or knowledge about deploying applications to and operating Kubernetes in production
- Enjoy measuring anything and everything, and driving insight into systems and application performance
Why join Ometria?
One of our values is “It's awesome to be here”, here are some of the reasons we love working here:
- Team of amazing people
We are committed to hiring the right people and maintaining our culture as we grow
- Making sure you’ll have an impact
We’re solving interesting challenges and you’ll have a say in how we solve them
- Supporting learning and development
We’re in this together and want you to become your best and feel supported as you do so. We want all Ometrians to be able to continually learn and grow in their roles
- Going above and beyond to help each other
We’re all part of the bigger picture. We love helping each other and celebrate success together
The amazing people of Ometria are the core of our business. We believe in making it awesome to be here for all Ometrians and place a continued focus on making Ometria an inclusive, respectful and diverse environment.
We're an equal opportunity employer and all applicants will be considered for employment without attention to ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, family or parental status, national origin, veteran, neurodiversity status or disability status.