Do you want to create tech for good? Is sustainability and a cleaner future important to you?
Talent Point are currently partnered with Spring, a green mission-led start-up with a vibrant team of 40+ people based in Shoreditch, London.
Their mission is to change the way we all use technology, as everyday thousands of forgotten tech devices waste potential, lose value and add pressure on the planet. The world currently generates 50 million tonnes of e-waste every year and that figure is set to double by 2050.
They want to encourage everyone to give old tech a new life while saving the environment by reducing e-waste going into landfills and the CO2 emissions. You can now easily sell, recycle, and trade in your old tech, through their self-service machines (Pods).
They’ve generated some astonishing results so far, but this is just the beginning! With an exciting future ahead there wouldn’t be a better time to join this new business, with several great projects due to kick off later this year and are expanding their team to help guide those projects, from iteration through to delivery. This brand wants to hire someone who shares their values, who breaths their culture, and who is hungry to leave a mark on a more sustainable future.
Come and join a vibrant and passionate team who are looking to transform the world of consumer electronics: Let’s make the difference together!
Find out more about us at spring.co.uk
Due to continued growth and ambitious plans for 2023, we are now hiring a Data Scientist to join our Research and Development team. Working closely with the Head of Data, this role will offer autonomy over various data projects, where you'll be able to make a high-impact at a sustainability-focused start up.
You’ll create analytic reporting and share your findings with senior stakeholders. You’ll play a key part in upcoming data projects, such as our Machine Learning driven pricing microservice, which ensures our customers are getting a competitive price for their tech. Utilizing Python/Pandas, AWS and Docker, you will create data pipelines for current and future projects. You’ll regularly scrape data from multiple sources, including competitor sites and marketplaces, to provide accurate data around pricing and stock demand.
Spring is the place where your work will have an immediate impact on the world around you!
- First and foremost, you have professional experience as a Data Scientist or Analyst
- Experience of working with a Python/Pandas, AWS, Docker
- Comfortable creating analytic reporting and sharing these with senior stakeholders
- Understanding and interest in Machine Learning and you’ve worked on projects involving web scraping from various sources
- You’ll be a keen problem-solver, with a strong analytical eye
- A passion for software engineering, working closely with the whole team to implement best practices
- You are humble and willing to learn. You are always open to learning new ways
- Flexible hybrid working, with a unique space in the heart of Shoreditch
- unlimited holiday each year
- matched pension scheme
- a perfect balance of autonomy and support from the wider team to create
- discounted gym memberships through GymPass for you and the fam
- an opportunity to join an ambitious and growing tech start-up, centred around sustainability.
Talent Point is an equal opportunities employer and no terminology in this advert is designed to discriminate on grounds of gender, race, colour, religion, creed, disability, age, sex or sexual orientation or any other class protected by applicable law.
For information on how Talent Point manages and processes your personal information please see our privacy notice at talentpoint.co/privacy-policy